- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 24 bars
“My mother wouldn’t allow us to have the original candy bar, so after all of our complaining, she somewhat gave in and made us these tasty impersonators!”
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, butter, white sugar and brown sugar with a fork.
- Empty the mixture into the pan, pressing down to spread evenly; bake for 12 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and the peanut butter together. Spread this mixture on top of the baked oatmeal. Allow to cool and then cut into squares.