- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4
Garnish this dish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 large California avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Remove and discard the gills from the undersides of mushrooms using a spoon.
- Remove stems.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leek and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Remove from heat, and cool.
- Stir together avocado, rosemary, lime juice and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in leek mixture.
- Press goat cheese evenly into mushroom caps
- Top evenly with avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with walnuts, and drizzle with olive oil. Place on rack in a broiler pan.
- Bake at 400Â° for 5 minutes; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake 5 more minutes.