- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 8
For a quick and easy appetizer, serve this recipe for delicious avocado stuffed marinated mushrooms. These are great for tailgate parties and picnics, too!
- 16-ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 2/3 cup prepared balsamic dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, halved, seeded, and scooped out
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Using a wet paper towel, wipe all mushrooms to remove any soil.
- Pop out mushroom stems. Place mushroom caps in a sealable plastic bag and add salad dressing, making sure all the mushrooms are coated with dressing. Marinate the mushrooms for 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms from dressing and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic salt, onion and avocados. Coarsely mash, combining all ingredients. Spoon avocado mixture into a sealable plastic bag and seal tightly.
- Push mixture away from one of the bottom corners of the bag. Using scissors cut a small hole in this corner of the plastic bag. Squeeze a generous amount of the avocado mixture through the hole in the bag into each mushroom cap and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve.