- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 23
Meld the creamy richness of avocado with the sweetness of pear into a dip that your cruditÃ©s will beg for. Highly nutritious avocados are packed with potassium and contain more beta-carotene than many other fruits
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed into small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 ripe pear, diced fine (about 1 Â½ cup)
- 2 green onions, white and green parts chopped fine
- 1 serrano or jalapeno chili pepper, minced (remove veins and seeds for less heat)
- Juice of a lemon (2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Pinch or two of salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mash together with a fork, or place in a food processor and blend.
- This dip is delicious chunky or blended until smooth.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Avocado tends to brown when exposed to air.
- The lemon juice will help keep the fruit green but keep the bowl covered until ready to serve.
- Serve dip with cruditÃ©s (raw vegetables), baked crackers or toasted pita bread wedges.