- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 6
Try this avocado corn salad, a toothsome combination of roasted corn, peppers, and melt-in-your-mouth avocado, with our Grilled Flank Steak for an unbeatable dinner entree.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fresh California avocados, peeled, seeded
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Heat 1/2 cup of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute corn with salt and pepper, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- Cut avocados, bell pepper and roasted poblanos into 1/4-inch dices. Add to corn along with scallions, red wine vinegar and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix well and let sit 20 to 30 minutes to blend the flavors.