- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 16
The name may sound indulgent and taboo but there is not a bit of butter in this dish. Pureeing avocadoÂ—rich in good for you monounsaturated fatÂ—with light sour cream creates a smooth treat to top vegetables, cuts of lean meat, or thin toasts
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, chopped (about 1 Â½ cups)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- Â¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- Â½ cup light sour cream or plain yogurt
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Place ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Mixture will thicken when refrigerated, making it a natural choice for crudite or baked cracker dipping. To use as a creamy dressing, thin down with a little lemon juice.