- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Avocado, Apple & Celery Salad is a nice salad for a warm spring day. Serve with crunchy bread and a cheese selection to make it more of a meal.
- 8 tender celery stalks, sliced thin
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 ounces walnuts, sliced in half
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large apple
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Use a large salad bowl and combine the celery, scallions, apple and walnuts.
- Peel and slice the avocado into thin slices. Slice the apple into thin slices. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the apple with the avocado and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Add to the celery mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the sour cream, olive oil and cayenne pepper together. Fold the dressing gently into the salad and serve in individual bowls.