- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Picante sauce is usually a chunkier version of regular salsa. If you can’t make your own version from scratch purchase a Mexican-made brand for a more authentic taste.
- 1/2 cup Picante Sauce
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered blanched almond
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes or until they turn light brown.
- Place the picante sauce, honey, lime juice and oil into a salad bowl and whisk vigorously to blend.
- Add the spinach, cantaloupe and avocado to the bowl and gently toss until coated. Sprinkle the salad with the toasted almonds and serve immediately.