- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
Creamy avocado and tangy silky goat cheese make for a delicious combination in this avocado and goat cheese salad.
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (the other half can be added to the salad)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- Combine scallions, peppers, basil, lime juice, and salt in a blender or food processor; pulse to chop well. While motor is running, drizzle in olive oil gradually to make a dressing. Taste dressing to make sure it is not too oily.
- n a serving bowl, add lettuce and top with avocado, garbanzo beans, and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine. Top with chunks of goat cheese.