- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: About 2 cups
Serve this classic Mexican topping and dip with tacos, tortilla chips, grilled fish and poultry.
- 1/2 small white onion
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 3 medium ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro sprigs to garnish
- Using a hand grater, grate the onion, peppers and tomato into a medium-sized bowl, using the coarsest cutting side.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop out the flesh with a spoon and into the bowl with the onion mixture.
- Use a large fork to mash the ingredients together until smooth but still lumpy.
- Add in the cilantro, lime juice and a few pinches of salt, and mix to blend.
- Garnish with the fresh cilantro sprigs and serve immediately.