- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Antipasto means “before the meal” in Italian and is the traditional first course in an authentic Italian menu. It is a wonderful combination of ‘mini-bites’ of food that are meant to stimulate the appetite at the beginning of the meal. Serve with a soft and fruity, medium bodied Merlot.
- 1/2 Pound sliced Genoa salami
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 large white onion, sliced in rings
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 Pound sliced provolone
- 2 cans black pitted olives
- 1 can baby corn on the cob
- 1 small jar of Pepperoncini peppers
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 can rolled anchovies
- sea salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- parsley sprigs for garnish
- Using a long serving platter, arrange the ingredients in the following order: Salami, provolone, tomato, onion, red peppers, and anchovies.
- In the center of the tray, place the baby corns and the olives.
- Cut the celery into sticks and place in between each antipasti ingredient.
- Sprinkle sea salt on all of the ingredients and then drizzle the oil evenly. Put the antipasti, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to enhance the flavors.
- Remove, garnish with parsley sprigs, and serve at room temperature.