- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This warm and creamy drink was first concocted in the 1940s on Ireland’s west coast. Enjoy its satisfying blend of freshly brewed coffee with Irish whiskey, cream and brown sugar.
- 4 ounces freshly brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- lightly-whipped unsweetened cream
- Fill an Irish coffee glass with hot water and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Remove the water and then add the hot coffee, whiskey and sugar to the glass. Stir the mixture well until the sugar has completely dissolved, and then float the cream on the top of the drink; serve immediately.