- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
Asparagus With Mustard Sauce is cooked in a foil packet either on the grill or in the oven for easy clean up.
- 1, 18 by 24 inch sheet heavy duty aluminum foil
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Sauce: 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or preheat grill to medium high.
- Center asparagus on sheet of foil; top with butter. Bring up sides of foil and double fold. Double fold ends to form one large foil packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes on a cookie sheet OR grill 7 to 9 minutes in covered grill. Open foil; season with salt and pepper.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high 2 minutes or until warm. Serve sauce over asparagus.