- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 9 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Cut down on time but not on presentation or taste with this entertainment-worthy starter dish made with steamed asparagus, fresh mozzarella cheese and lemon verbena.
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut or torn into pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh lemon verbena leaves or finely shredded lemon peel
- Snap the asparagus in half discarding the woody ends.
- Steam the asparagus in a steamer, or place in a streamer basket over boiling water for 2 minutes; transfer to a baking dish.
- Top the asparagus with the mozzarella and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Place the asparagus in the oven and broil about 4 inches from the heat for 1-1/2 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with the lemon verbena and serve immediately.