- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
White and green asparagus require different cooking times and methods, which is why the green asparagus in this recipe is blanched and the white asparagus is boiled.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cayenne pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch of green asparagus, bottoms removed
- 1 bunch of white asparagus, stalk lightly peeled, bottoms removed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil into a sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the almonds, garlic, shallots, and chilies and sauté the mixture until golden brown. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, simmer for 3 minutes, and then add the remaining olive oil, lemon and orange juice; bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the mint and then remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil, add the green asparagus and cook for 30 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to remove the asparagus, and set aside on a serving platter.
- Place the white asparagus into the pan with the water and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Drain and place onto the serving platter.
- Drizzle the asparagus with the vinaigrette and then sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.