- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Try this creamy asparagus soup sprinkled with crispy crumbled prosciutto.
- 1-14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 yellow-fleshed potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory or marjoram leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces asparagus, woody ends removed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the prosciutto in a small skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes until crispy. Crumble when cool and set aside.
- In the meantime, put the broth, water, potato, shallot, garlic, thyme, savory and salt into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 9 minutes. Add in the asparagus and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Using a handheld immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth and then transfer into bowls. Top with the crumbled prosciutto and serve immediately.