- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Crème Fraiche, which is considered the upscale French version of sour cream, is a perfect addition to this fresh asparagus soup.
- 1 pound trimmed fresh asparagus, some tips reserved for garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2-1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the butter in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium-low heat to melt.
- Once melted, add the shallot and the thyme and cook the mixture for 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the stock and bring the mixture to a simmer before adding the asparagus.
- Cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender, and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Remove and discard the thyme sprigs and then add the crème fraiche. Carefully blend the mixture using a stick blender and then serve garnished with the reserved asparagus tips.