- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4-6
Asparagus Sandwiches can be served as a hearty appetizer or for an elegant lunch.
- 1 can white asparagus, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped fine
- butter for spreading, softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf white bread, sliced
- Mix together asparagus, cream cheese and lemon juice. Add chopped eggs to mixture.
- Butter a slice of bread and sprinkle with Parmesan. Place under broiler and brown. Turn over and repeat.
- Spread asparagus mixture between broiled buttered bread slices. Cut into quarters for appetizers or serve whole sandwiches for lunch.