- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 4
This recipe can be spiced up with chopped red bell peppers for an added taste.
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large nonreactive pot, steam or boil the asparagus with lightly salted water just until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain immediately in a colander and refresh under cold running water.
- Pat the asparagus dry and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Separate the egg whites and yolks, and coarsely chop each.
- In a bowl, blend the vinegar, oil salt and pepper.
- Add the asparagus and toss well.
- Add the egg whites and yolks, and combine thoroughly