- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fresh asparagus is shaved into graceful ‘ribbons’ using a vegetable peeler. Serve it alone as a salad or as a side dish.
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- Remove and discard the woody ends off of the asparagus and then use a vegetable peeler to slice the spears into long and thin strips. Transfer the asparagus ribbons to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, vigorously whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste until blended, and then pour the dressing over the asparagus.
- Toss the mixture to coat and then add the almonds and the fresh tarragon. Toss once more to combine and then serve immediately.