- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Asparagus Potato Soup is a hearty combination for a springtime meal.
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, pared and diced
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1, 8 ounce package asparagus, cut up
- 1 1/2 cup light cream
- 1, 5 ounce jar pimento cheese spread
- In saucepan, combine broth, potatoes, onion, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes, till potatoes are barely tender. Add frozen asparagus; return to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Blend together light cream and cheese spread; stir into soup; simmer until melted and well blended.