- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Frittatas are truly delicious for breakfast but they can also make a satisfying lunch and dinner entrée as well. Serve with a crisp salad drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends discarded, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the asparagus, a few pinches of salt and pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, place the eggs, cheeses and 2 pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the sautéed asparagus and cook for 5 minutes, then cover the pan and cook for an additional 7 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Cut the frittata into slices and serve immediately.