- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
Asparagus and Eggs Mornay is a delicious and classy breakfast or brunch recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh steamed asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups Swiss cheese
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- To make sauce to pour over asparagus:
- Heat butter over low heat in saucepan
- Mix in flour, salt and nutmeg
- Stir constantly until smooth and bubbly
- Take off of heat and add milk.
- Place back on heat and heat until boiling while stirring. Add cheese and continue stirring until melted
- Arrange asparagus and eggs on plate and dress with Mornay Sauce.