- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A quick trip to the supermarket to pick up a rotisserie chicken and a few additional ingredients is all you need to make this simple, Asian-inspired chicken and orzo salad dish.
- 8 ounces frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped or slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cook the orzo ‘al dente’ according to package directions, drain and then rinse with cool water. Drain the pasta once again and then place into a large bowl with the sugar snap peas, cucumber, onion and bell pepper.
- In the meantime, combine the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and red pepper into a bowl. Whisk the mixture vigorously to combine and then pour over the orzo mixture.
- Gently toss the salad to coat and then garnish with the cilantro and the almonds; serve immediately.