- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Enjoy a fresh and crunchy Asian-inspired slaw, minus the heavy mayonnaise of traditional coleslaw dishes.
- 1 small clove of garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon warm honey
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy toasted sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 2 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger and vinegar with a wire whisk. After mixing well, set the mixture aside for at least 10 minutes, for flavors to blend.
- Place honey in a small bowl, and microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce, warn honey and sesame oil to the vinegar mixture, and whisk well to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- In large serving bowl, combine the cabbages, carrot, bell pepper and scallions. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the salad and serve.