- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
Quesadillas are a terrific summer grill option and can be filled with much more than the typical chicken and cheese. Have some fun with the fillings and enjoy a simple and tasty summer quesadilla.
During the summer, the best way to prepare quesadillas is to put them on the grill. You get that great grill flavor and the charred look. Whatever you use to fill the quesadilla won’t have to be fully cooked, just heated up, so grilling should only take about 7 to 8 minutes per side. You know when they are finished when the cheese is melted and the fillings are heated through.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 - 6" flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced
- Combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, and garlic in a shallow dish. Place chicken in sauce to marinate. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on grill and cook 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until chicken is fully cooked through. Remove chicken, let cool for a few minutes then cut into cubes.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on a flat surface and sprinkle cheeses over the tops. Top with chicken cubes, scallions, and pineapple.
- Cover with remaining 4 tortillas and place quesadillas on grill. Cook 7 to 8 minutes per side or until cheese melts. Remove quesadillas and let cool for a few minutes before cutting into wedges.