- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
A delightfully fresh and light salad made with peppery arugula and cherry tomatoes, and then drizzled with lemony vinaigrette.
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, yellow and red
- 1/2 hot house cucumber, peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced into crescents
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely minced or grated
- 1/2 cup good quality, extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the baby greens, tomatoes, cucumber and red onion into a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest into a small bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Slowly add the oil, whisking continuously to combine, until all the oil has been added to the mixture.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, whisk to combine and then drizzle over the prepared salad right before serving.