- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Arugula’s robust flavor and peppery bite, pairs perfectly with the sweet strawberries and nutty flavor of the walnuts in this simple salad.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (about 10 ounces)
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved and crumbled into small pieces (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Using a small sauté pan set over medium-low heat, toast the walnuts for 4 minutes, making sure to stir the nuts frequently to prevent burning. Place the walnuts in a large salad bowl and allow to cool for at least 6 minutes.
- Place the arugula, strawberries, cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in the salad bowl, and toss to combine.
- Pour in the vinegar and olive oil and toss once more. Serve immediately.