- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Simple and delicious, this salad has intense flavor and attractive presentation; serve it as a salad entrée at your next dinner party.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Place the garlic in a mortar and pestle, crush and then sprinkle with some salt. Mash the garlic into a paste and then place into a salad bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, mayonnaise, oil, parsley and a few grinds of fresh pepper to the salad bowl with the garlic, and whisk to combine.
- Add the arugula and mushrooms to the bowl and gently toss with the dressing until well coated.