- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 4
A rich and elegant starter dish that is sure to wow your guests with its taste and presentation.
- 1 Artichoke
- 2 ounces Brie, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 4 ounces White wine
- 8 ounces Butter, cut in 1/4” slices
- 2 ounces Whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare the artichoke, cut off the top and bottom and then place in a boiling bath of water for 15 minutes.
- Place artichoke in a cold water bath to stop it from cooking and then cut out the inner choke out of the artichoke’s center.
- Stuff the artichoke with the brie and place on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the shallots and the wine and cook over high heat. Remove from heat and slowly add the pieces of butter mixing with a whisk.
- Mix in the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Spoon over artichoke and serve.