- Prep: 10 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 hr 30 min
- Serving: 8
Artichoke Salad is made ahead to allow the flavors to marinate.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 12 black olives, sliced
- 12 stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into julienne strips
- fresh spinach leaves if desired
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, herbs, garlic and pepper to make marinade. Pour marinade over artichokes. Cover and refrigerate overnight---for 8 to 10 hours.
- One hour before serving, lightly toss artichokes with green pepper, olives and tomatoes. Let stand at room temperature until serving. Serve over fresh spinach leaves, if desired.