- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Serves about 3 - 4 people
Looking for a skinny salad side dish for your tailgate, dinner party or weekend brunch? Instead of a boring mixed green with a dash of dressing, why not actually enjoy your salad? This red cabbage slaw is mixed with chopped artichoke hearts, fresh mozzarella, some crisp apples and a generous pour of tangy lemon vinaigrette. Who said salads had to be boring?
- 1 package red cabbage slaw
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped into cubes
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix the slaw, the artichoke hearts and the apple together, mix well. Add in the mozzarella and stir to mix.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, sugar, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper until fully combined. Add additional sugar or lemon to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!