- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This isn’t your classic heavy artichoke and spinach dip dripping with oil and cheese. Instead it’s a lighter more refined version made with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, lemon zest, and white wine. Serve with spicy pita chips.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 16 ounces marinated artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 5 drops Tabasco
- Place the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the artichokes and cook the mixture for 5 minutes, then pour in the wine and continue to cook until the mixture is almost dry.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the cream cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano, lemon zest and Tabasco, and mix until creamy. Serve immediately.