- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
The artichoke hearts and herb cheese gives this appetizer a wonderful taste.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces Lemon Pepper Penne
- 1-1/2 tbsp. garlic butter
- 3/4 cup sweet onion
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper
- 8 large artichoke hearts
- 4 ounces alouette herb cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Cook the penne according to package directions.
- When finished cooking, set aside.
- Slowly melt garlic butter in skillet over medium heat and sautÃ© thinly sliced onions and thinly sliced bell peppers for 6 minutes.
- In a large pot begin to reduce heavy whipping cream; whisk in all spices and drained and sliced canned artichoke hearts.
- Cook sauce to a medium-thin consistency.
- Immediately blend in alouette cheese and set aside.
- When pasta is "al dente" drain well and toss with onion and red bell pepper mixture.
- Now portion pasta into individual casserole dishes.
- Cover pasta with artichoke cheese sauce, sprinkle a thin layer of fresh bread crumbs that have been seasoned with chopped parsley and parmesan cheeses on top and bake until bubbly and browned on top.