- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This sauce is extremely versatile; toss immediately with some fresh whole-wheat pasta or place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill and serve as a dip.
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped or fresh steamed artichoke hearts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the yogurt, basil, vinegar and cream cheese into a blender and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and then fold in the red bell pepper and the artichoke hearts.
- Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately, or cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill before serving as a dip with crackers.