- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 4
The almonds make this dish unique.
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place almonds in a shallow pan.
- Toast 15 300 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove almonds and set oven temperature at 325 degrees F.
- Score fish with cuts from 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Combine lemon juice, sauces and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture into the fish.
- Place fillets in a lightly greased shallow pan.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve while hot.