- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Makes 6 Servings
Carol Salazar from Florence, Arizona, says the local cowboys enjoy this Arizona Breakfast Pie, just as long as you don't call it a quiche.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, diced
- 1/3 cup green chilies, hot or mild, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons onions
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cream
- Prepare sausage, breaking up pieces, cook until done; drain.
- In the unbaked pie shell, sprinkle the cooked sausage, top with cheese, pimiento, chili, and onion.
- Mix eggs and cream and pour over ingredients in pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, slice and serve. Can be prepared the night before and refrigerated (add 5-minutes to baking time).