- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 2 hr 5 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Sumac is a spice commonly used in Middle Eastern cuisine. With its tangy yet delicate flavor, it makes the perfect companion for grilled chicken. Serve with a side of couscous.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoon mint
- Prepare the chicken by placing it into a shallow baking dish and sprinkling each strip with the sumac, cumin powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour.
- Prepare barbeque or oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and the olive oil.
- Grill chicken for about 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned and cooked through. Remove from broiler pan and place on large dish; pour oil and lemon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately.