- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These fruit-filled cookies make a great afternoon snack. They also work well served at tea time.
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Dissolve baking soda in warm water; mix into sugar mixture.
- Beat in egg; mix well.
- Blend flour combination into sugar mixture.
- Fold in apricots, raisins and pecans.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.