- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These soft cookies are absolutely delicious! Great for all occasions. Consider adding these cookies to your list of holiday baking.
- 3/4 cup shortening, butter-flavored
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in apricots and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes.