- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 6
A thick thyme-kissed apricot jam is the perfect complement for goat cheese and garlic-rubbed toasts.
- 2 cups pitted very ripe apricots, diced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 sourdough baguette, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- Finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine apricots, water, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Skim off any foam that forms. Continue to boil for 20 minutes, or until apricots are broken down and mixture is chunky. Stir often to keep mixture from sticking to the pan. Add a bit more water if it appears dry. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush both sides of baguette slices with olive oil and rub with garlic. Arrange slices on one or two baking sheets and place in oven until lightly toasted.
- Spread each toast with goat cheese and arrange on a serving platter. Generously dollop with apricot jam and garnish with parsley to serve.