- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 3 dozen
This sweet and savory apricot glaze will have you lickin’ your fingers after eating these delicious drums.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 (14-ounce) bottle (1-1/3 cups) ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 3-1/2 pounds chicken drumettes
- Place the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add the onion and garlic once the butter begins to sizzle.
- Sauté the mixture for 4 minutes and then add the soy sauce, sugar, molasses, honey, ketchup, red pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, and then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Once cool, add the apricot preserves and stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken drums in a large bowl and stir to coat. Place the drums on the prepared cooking sheet, and bake for 50 minutes.