- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 12
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup non-fat buttermilk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Combine the flour and the baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Mix well, and then stir in the applesauce, buttermilk, and egg whites.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray (or a griddle, if you choose), and preheat over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle, and spread into a 4-inch circle to make each pancake.
- Cook for 1 minute and a half.
- Turn and cook until the second side is golden brown. Enjoy! They're delicious.