- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These easy-to-make cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee. For added flavor, consider adding raisins or dried cranberries to the mix.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- Cream butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Beat in applesauce and egg.
- Stir in flour and oats; blend well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.