- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 12 People
These delicious muffins make an excellent breakfast snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- Soak oats in buttermilk for two hours at room temperature.
- Combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oat mixture, applesauce and egg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.