- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These soft cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream brown sugar, butter and egg; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in applesauce, nuts and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.