- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 16
- 2 cups white flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups carrots, coarsely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the applesauce, oil and eggs. Add to the flour mixture, stirring until the ingredients are well blended. Add the carrots and mix again.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9" tube pan, or use a 9" x 13" rectangular cake pan, or two bread loaf pans, or a cupcake pan.
- Bake the cake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 1 hour, 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of hte cake comes out clean. Set the cake on a wire rack for five minutes.
- Then, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake, and turn the cake out onto the rack to cool.