- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
Apple Yam Delight is a special dessert served warm with vanilla ice.
- 1, 16 ounce can yams in syrup
- 1, 16 ounce jar chunky style apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- Topping: 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cups instant rolled oats
- vanilla ice cream
- Make topping: Mix together oats, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until well mixed and crumbly.
- Arrange half of the apple sauce in a 8 inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon 3 tablespoons of topping over the apple sauce. Arrange the yams evenly over apple sauce. Add the remaining apple sauce to cover yams. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Add the rest of topping and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.