- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
Served with a hot cup of coffee, this spiced cake will make a nice afternoon snack.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups sliced apples
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Place sliced apples in brown sugar mixture and stir until apples are coated.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, shortening, egg and vanilla; spread over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before turning over onto a serving plate.