- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 to 6 servings
This sauce works wonderfully with grilled fish. Spoon it right over the hot fish to infuse the flavors and serve immediately.
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons julienned Granny Smith apple
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Combine the apple cider, wine, clam juice and shallots in a medium saucepan over moderate-high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 7 minutes until mixture is reduced.
- Using a whisk, drop in the butter slices and whisk continuously to incorporate until butter is totally melted. Stir in the apples and tarragon and add a few pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with grilled fish.